Below are our picks for the best and worst days of the week (ranked from best to worst).
1) Friday- Yes, most people still have to work on Friday, but it's still the best day of the week. It's filled with hope for a fun weekend and is usually the easiest day to work, unless, of course, you wind up being fired or laid off on a Friday. Even still, you get an early start to your weekend with no worries about the looming Monday (just the looming lack of pay).
2) Saturday- No matter what your plans, Saturdays are always a welcome day. Even if you do absolutely nothing on a particular Saturday- no dates, movies, or shopping, it's still a great day to just sit back on your couch and relax. Of course, if you're unlucky enough to have to work on Saturdays you'll probably disagree with its place on this list.
3) Thursday- This may come as a surprise to some people, but Thursdays are one of the best days because you can sense the weekend is just around the corner. Not only that, but Thursdays give you the option to stay out late because you only have to make it through Friday on short rest. Or, even better, use a Thursday as a Friday and call in sick the next day so you get an extended weekend. Worst case scenario? You get fired and get even more time off to relax. Don't blame me if you do get fired, however, you're the slacker afterall.
4) Wednesday- Personally, I hate the phrase "hump day," but Wednesdays do give you a good barometer on how the week is going. Once you make it to Wednesday you know that you're half way home to the weekend. The glorious, loving, binge drinking, vomit inducing, shopaholic's delight of a weekend.
5) Sunday- Surprised to see Sunday so low on the list, aren't you? Sundays are horrible because you have to go to bed early to get ready for Monday, and if you're anything like me you're constantly thinking about how Monday is just a few short hours away. Yes, you get to sleep in and watch football, but as far as days off go there's not much excitement here.
6) Monday- If Sunday shocked you with its place on this list, then I'm sure that Monday not being the very last also came as a big surprise. Mondays really aren't that bad, at least not as bad as we all make them out to be. Usually you have quite a bit of work to do which will make the day go by much faster than not having any at all, plus you're coming into Monday fully refreshed and, possibly, even eager to get back to work. Besides, during any given year there are half a dozen federal holidays that fall on a Monday, something that can't be said for the last day on this list.
7) Tuesday- Definitely the WORST day of the week. You're so far away from the next weekend that you can't even sniff it, yet you can still vividly remember your fun and relaxing weekend past. Tuesdays have no feel, nothing to look forward to, and are the worst day of the week. Don't agree with me? Too bad, it's my list and as always it is 100% wombat approved (although 3 wombats did abstain from voting).